BEING IN NATURE IS A MEDICINE, BUT HOW AND WITH WHAT DOSAGE WE SHOULD TAKE IT?
How many times you get up from your desk and you feel pain in your back because you have been sitting all day, tired eyes and stiffened fingers because you wrote to much? If you have to count, how many hours you spending on your phone daily? Have you spoken with a colleague about something that is not work, today? You get off and on your car or a public transport and you are overwhelmed by all the family problems. You came back home, but the day is already finished, without even knowing and you feel empty and with no energy. Don’t search a cure in a pharmacy, but outside, in the green. BE IN NATURE. Discover the benefits, scientifically proven and even the quantity of nature that should be taken to make the difference.
5 BENEFITS OF BEING IN THE NATURE
It is a fact that our body and mind find their balance when we connect with the nature, indeed human beings grew up inside it, it is there that all starts. According to the Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health
the benefits are immediate:
- LESS ANXIENTY. The happiness that you feel when you are in the green can become of medium-long period if the activity is practiced constantly and continuously. Researchers have proved that out of 340000 Dutch, the ones that live less 1 km from green areas have suffer less of anxiety and depression than those who live in the urban areas.
- MORE CREATIVITY. In the study Creativity in the Wild: Improving Creative Reasoning through Immersion in Natural Settings psychologists and researchers of the University of Kansas and of the Utah explain that in the hyper-technological world where we live, cognitive functions such as selective attention, multitasking and problem solving are heavily used. Being in the nature can easily re-establish the prefrontal medial cortex, responsible for these cognitive processes that combined with the detox from digital media allows us to grant to our emotional states and disinhibit on the expression of those.
- STRENGTHEN THE IMMUNE SISTEM. Decrise of cardio-circulatory illnesses, decries of the risk of obesity and diabetes, decrease of breathing problems and as we said before of illnesses related to anxiety and depression. The advantages are surprising, and a Japanese study about the practice of “Shinrin-yoku”, i.e. what we call forest-bathing, confirms that is not necessary practicing sport activities, but simply … immerge ourselves in the green.
- BETTER SLEEP. Being in the nature bring us back to the sun and moon cycle. The alternation light-dark allows us to regulate the production of melanin, the sleep hormone and our body regain its natural rhythms.
- STRENGTHEN THE MEMORY. Another detailed study on the cognitive functions to the benefits of being in the nature demonstrate that, given a sequence of numbers, a group that is staying in the nature is more likely to remember them, rather than a group among a crowd in the city. In a highly urbanized situation our attention is captured by a lot of stimulus, making us continuously lose our focus; at the contrary in the nature the rhythms are slower and they favor the concentration and the memory.
A DOSE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY
According to the World Economic Forum, from the 5th of October 2018 the doctors in Scotland can prescribe real dosage of nature to their patients. When you have your prescription you don’t have to go to the pharmacy, but directly go in the green: parks, mountain, rural areas. The project involves the practice of an healthy lifestyle in the nature to solve the problems of anxiety, depression, diabetes and hypertension.
But with what dosage can we encounter a benefit?
A new scientific report
that studied the effects of the nature on 20.000 subjects give us the answer: 2 hours per week. The positive impact is recorded on men, women, adults, children, rich and poor. Combining the data of people and time of exposition, it seems that 120 minutes represents a sort of limit. Not only the ones that do sports in the nature receive benefits but also the ones that passively let themselves be invaded by the energy of the nature.
is very subjective, someone prefers walking daily in the parks and other prefer spending a weekend far from home to recharge their batteries immersed in the green. SilentAlps allows you to recharge completely with its trips in the uncontaminated nature of Carnia, search among our offers and choose what you like to do.
How useful did you find this article?